Medical Assistant/LPN- Cardiology
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 3951
Posting Date: Dec 7, 2023
Work Environment: On Site
Job Family: Clinical Support
FTE: 1.0 FT
Location: Pensacola, FL
Job DescriptionMEDICAL ASSISTANT:
The Medical Assistant assists with patient care management, executes administrative and clinical procedures. The Medical Assistant position provides exceptional medical care that meets each patient's physical, mental, and emotional needs. Provide administrative/clinical assistance to physicians/mid-level practitioners/nurses/patients while adhering to a prescribed treatment plan in accordance with established policies and procedures. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The person in this position works under general supervision, is responsible for various shifts, may be subject to over 40 hours per week and/or callback as required, and may also be required to remain on campus immediately before, during, and after severe weather and/or disasters.LPN:
The Licensed Practical Nurse performs selected nursing acts in the care of the ill, injured, or infirm patient under the direction of the Physician. The person in this position works under general supervision, is responsible for various shifts, may be subject to over 40 hours per week and/or callback as required, and may also be required to remain on campus immediately before, during, and after severe weather and/or disasters.QualificationsMEDICAL ASSISTANT:
- Successful completion of an accredited medical assisting program or Graduation from a formal medical services training program of the United States Armed Forces required.
- One year out of the last three years medical assistant experience is required in lieu of medical assistant program or military training program.
- Must be certified/registered by day of hire or transfer with one of the following: American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) Certified or American Medical Technologist (AMT) Registered with an Active Membership or NCMA National Certified Medical Assistant (NCCT) or National Health Career Association (NHA) or National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP- NRCMA) or AMCA-American Medical Certification Association certification.
- BLS through American Heart Association is required within 30 days of employment/transfer.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, medical law, medical ethics, human relations and patient education. Skills and ability in administrative and clinical medical assisting. Must be able to communicate effectively through written and/or verbal communication. Basic Computer skills. Knowledge of and ability to perform EKGs and obtain accurate blood pressure readings.
- Graduate of Practical Nursing program is required
- Current License as a LPN in the State of Florida. BLS through American Heart Association required.
- Ability to read and understand the English language. Knowledge of patient care charts and patient histories. Knowledge of clinical and/or surgical operations and documentation. Knowledge of patient evaluation and triage procedures.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Knowledge of appropriate procedures and standards for the administration of medications and patient care aids. Proficient with Computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills verbally and written.
Baptist Health Care is a not-for-profit health care system committed to improving the quality of life for people and communities in northwest Florida and south Alabama. The organization includes three hospitals, four medical parks, Andrews Institute for Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine, and an extensive primary and specialty care provider network. With more than 4,000 team members, Baptist Health Care is one of the largest non-governmental employers in northwest Florida.