Patient Care Technician I- Night/Full Time
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 3950
Posting Date: Dec 1, 2023
Work Environment: On Site
Job Family: Clinical Support
FTE: 0.9 FT
Location: Pensacola, FL
Under the direct supervision of licensed personnel, the patient care technician performs a variety of routine duties to assist the nursing staff in the delivery of patient care. This position spends the majority of his or her time interacting with, assisting, and supporting our patients. Along with ensuring a safe environment, this position develops with each individual a therapeutic relationship which is critical in the healing process.Responsibilities
- Responsibilities may include, but is not limited to assisting with ambulating and mobilization of patients, taking and recording the patient's vital signs (i.e., BP, Temperature, Pulse, Respirations, & O2 sat), weighing patients, assisting with personal hygiene / AM Care (i.e., Oral Care, Bathing the patient, etc.), assisting with bedpans and toileting, catheter care, empty drains, turning bedridden patients or patients that need assistance with turning, linen changes, assisting with meal preparation, feeding patients, I&O, light cleaning and organizing of patients room, answering call lights, and relaying pertinent information to the nurse.
- Demonstrates the skills and judgment necessary to provide direct care to patients in collaboration with licensed personnel.
- Performs all responsibilities/duties required by the department/division, as defined in the scope of service, to ensure that the unique nature of the client is addressed including: Sitting with patients and sitting with Baker Acted Patients.
- Maintains up-to-date and accurate documentation of data collected.
- Assumes clerical duties necessary to assist the healthcare team to provide patient care.
- Maintains supplies/inventory for department.
- Receives and directs phone calls and serves as the receptionist for the department.
Licenses and Certifications
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- BLS for Healthcare Providers (BLS) American Heart Association Required
- Certified Patient Care Technician (APCT_ASPT) Preferred
- Effective communication skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to accurately screen and triage acute patients
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Knowledge of acceptable ranges of blood pressure, pulse, oxygen saturation and EKG.
- Ability to document and utilize electronic health record applications.
- Empathy and excellent listening skills.
- Ability to deal appropriately with confidential information.
Baptist Health Care is a not-for-profit health care system committed to improving the quality of life for people and communities in northwest Florida and south Alabama. The organization includes three hospitals, four medical parks, Andrews Institute for Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine, and an extensive primary and specialty care provider network. With more than 4,000 team members, Baptist Health Care is one of the largest non-governmental employers in northwest Florida.