Referral Coordinator - Hematology & Oncology - BMC Pensacola
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 3852
Posting Date: Nov 29, 2023
Work Environment: On Site
Job Family: Clerical
FTE: 1.0 FT
Location: Pensacola, FL
The Referral Coordinator is responsible for processing, follow up and communication to patients for referrals and/or procedure orders that are generated by the providers. This position will initiate the authorization for patient services. This position is responsible for knowledge of insurance coverages, documentation of authorizations, and communicates status of authorizations to the practice staff.Responsibilities
- Responsible for timely processing of incoming and/or outgoing referrals and orders.
- Documents all phone calls, messages and interactions with patients and insurance companies appropriately in the patient's chart or applicable order systems.
- Obtains prior authorizations for all appointments and procedures.
- Updates any patient demographics into the practice management system.
- Receives and routes incoming telephone calls in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner
- Operates a variety of office equipment effectively.
- Works closely with Baptist Medical Group Representatives, all medical facilities, insurance companies, patients and family members.
Minimum Work Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- 1-3 years Experience in healthcare or medical office Preferred
- Must have good communication skills verbally and written.
- Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving goals and objectives.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Skill and confident with use of computers and related software applications.
- Be able to make recommendations and handle complaints and requests in a professional and calm manner.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
Baptist Health Care is a not-for-profit health care system committed to improving the quality of life for people and communities in northwest Florida and south Alabama. The organization includes three hospitals, four medical parks, Andrews Institute for Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine, and an extensive primary and specialty care provider network. With more than 4,000 team members, Baptist Health Care is one of the largest non-governmental employers in northwest Florida.