Cardiac Technician - Non-Invasive Cardiology
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 3845
Posting Date: Nov 16, 2023
Work Environment: On Site
Job Family: Clinical Support
FTE: 0.9 FT
Location: Pensacola, FL
The Cardio Technician under general supervision performs electrocardiography (ECG) testing, stress testing, and Holter monitors by attaching electrodes to the patient, and operates equipment. This position scans and analyzes ECG, stress and Holter monitor strips. This role will explain procedures to prepare patients for ECG and related tests and notifies cardiologist of abnormalities.Responsibilities
- Performs EKG services according to established procedure of the hospital.
- Assists with Cardiac Stress Testing.
- Dobutamine nuclear stress test, exercise stress test with nuclear medicine (Spect), persantine stress test with nuclear medicine, lexiscan stress test with nuclear medicine.
- Documents procedures according to established guidelines.
- Selects and assesses portions of the test strips, interprets data, or summarizes data for interpretation by medical staff.
- Maintains statistics and files completed reports according to established procedures.
- Maintains equipment by cleaning, lubricating, and replacing items such as paper rolls, fuses, and bulbs. Completes requisitions for repair according to established procedures.
- Will maintain sufficient inventory to efficiently operate the EKG services.
- Performs billing for Holter and stress testing using hospital systems.
- Participates in orientation of new staff as required, by performing duties such as determining related training and orientation requirements for assisting with Holter monitoring.
- Provides input into and assists with the development, implementation and update of department policies and procedures
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required.
- BLS for Healthcare Providers (BLS) American Heart Association Upon Hire Required.
- EKG Technician (CET_NHA) within 2 Years or Certified Cardiographic Technician (CCT_CCI) within 2 Years Required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and document information accurately.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Must possess good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of cardiovascular principles, procedures, techniques, and equipment involved in the performance of all required cardiovascular procedures. Recognition of ECG tracings/rhythms strips.
- Knowledge of all procedures, sufficient to inform physician or nursing personnel if abnormal results are obtained.
Baptist Health Care is a not-for-profit health care system committed to improving the quality of life for people and communities in northwest Florida and south Alabama. The organization includes three hospitals, four medical parks, Andrews Institute for Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine, and an extensive primary and specialty care provider network. With more than 4,000 team members, Baptist Health Care is one of the largest non-governmental employers in northwest Florida.