Registration Representative - Cancer Institute
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 3772
Posting Date: Nov 8, 2023
Work Environment: On Site
Job Family: Clerical
FTE: PRN (As Needed)
Location: Pensacola, FL
The Cancer Institute Registrar performs a variety of data entry and general registration functions for oncology services in the facility. This position greets and registers incoming patients in the practice management system and collects/data enters demographic and insurance information with a high degree of accuracy. This position confirms and schedules appointments, collects copayments, and verifies insurance. This position explains financial requirements to the patients or responsible parties and enters payments into the practice management system. This position receives incoming telephone calls in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner. This position may initiate requests for authorization of patient services, verifies benefits, enters data/documents authorizations, and communicates status of authorizations to medical staff. This position may schedule referral appointments for tests, procedures, and follow-up. This position enhances the Cancer Institute experience for patients, families and visitors by providing appropriate hospitality and concierge services.Responsibilities
- Acts as the initial greeter for all patients/visitors entering the Cancer Institute.
- Completes all registrations in a professional, accurate and customer-oriented timely manner.
- Obtains information from patient health insurance or managed care identification card.
- Distributes required handouts to patients or their representative.
- Explains financial requirements to patients or responsible parties and collects patient financial portions (copays/coinsurance) as required.
- Maintains accountability for appointments and scheduling patients properly on the days and times specified, as well as reminding patients of appointments.
- Reconciles daily charges and payments with high degree of accuracy.
- Receives and routes incoming telephone calls in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner.
- Works closely with Baptist Medical Group representatives, all medical facilities, insurance companies, patients and family members as needed.
Minimum Work Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- 1-3 years healthcare administrative experience Preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology, regulations, coding, and registration.
- Ability to interpret insurance coverage and reimbursements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving goals and objectives.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and manage time in a changing environment.
- Ability to make recommendations and handle complaints and requests in a professional and calm manner.
Baptist Health Care is a not-for-profit health care system committed to improving the quality of life for people and communities in northwest Florida and south Alabama. The organization includes three hospitals, four medical parks, Andrews Institute for Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine, and an extensive primary and specialty care provider network. With more than 4,000 team members, Baptist Health Care is one of the largest non-governmental employers in northwest Florida.