Medical Records Technician ROI
Job ID: 3599
Posting Date: Oct 19, 2023
Work Environment: On Site
Job Family: Clerical
FTE: 1.0 FT
Location: Pensacola, FL
Under general supervision and according to specific procedures and within the confines of applicable statutes and policy, complies with requests for medical records by retrieving, copying and forwarding requested records and documents. This position maintains records of all such activity. This position handles multiple requests at a time while answering phones and dealing with front line customers.Responsibilities
- Receives requests for medical records from physicians, attorneys, legal agencies, insurance companies, governmental agencies, hospitals, auditors, and former/current patients.
- Reviews record requests to determine presence and accurate completion of authorization for release of information.
- Retrieves medical records of patient care as requested by physicians. Maintains ROI sign out system.
- Meets individuals requesting records in person and verified their identification and authorization.
- Answers all incoming calls appropriately.
- Receives and processes subpoenas and court orders:
- Performs other miscellaneous office/clerical duties as needed.
Minimum Work Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- 2 years Medical records experience Required
- Electronic medical record systems experience Required
- Basic Computer and average typing skills.
- Verbal and Written communication skills.
- Ability to Multi-task
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
Baptist Health Care is a not-for-profit health care system committed to improving the quality of life for people and communities in northwest Florida and south Alabama. The organization includes three hospitals, four medical parks, Andrews Institute for Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine, and an extensive primary and specialty care provider network. With more than 4,000 team members, Baptist Health Care is one of the largest non-governmental employers in northwest Florida.