Procedure Scheduler - Orthopedic Trauma
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 3580
Posting Date: Oct 19, 2023
Work Environment: On Site
Job Family: Clerical
FTE: 1.0 FT
Location: Pensacola, FL
The Procedure Scheduler is a clerical position that is responsible for greeting and assisting customers during office visits, scanning information into the patient chart, obtaining patient demographics and insurance information. This position is responsible for receiving a heavy incoming call load in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner and returning all voicemails the same day. This position works closely with Baptist Medical Group representatives, all medical facilities, insurance companies, patients and family members.Responsibilities
- Greets visitors or patients and assist them accordingly. Promptly and professionally answers telephone calls. Routes calls appropriately or offers voice mail, as needed.
- Documents all phone calls and messages and interactions with patients appropriately in the patient's chart, electronic or paper. Makes the appointment reminder calls the day before appointments.
- Understands Health Insurance plans and terminology. Explains financial responsibility or responsible parties; collects co pays as required at check in.
- Produce departmental statistics daily and monthly as needed for leadership.
- Accountable for appointments and scheduling them properly on the days and times specified, as well as reminding patients of appointments. Responsible for duties including but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for smooth coordination and documentation of patient referral information.
- Responsible for processing and following up on the referrals that are generated by other providers from order facilitator, fax, or over the phone.
- Responsible for scheduling all surgeries, obtaining prior authorization for all procedures, scheduling pre-op appointments, communicating all pertinent information to the patients about their upcoming procedure, obtains cardiac/pulmonary/hematology clearance.
- Responsible for getting all surgery information to the appropriate parties, and maintaining the surgery schedule.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required.
- 1-3 years Experience in health care or medical office Required.
- Must have good communication skills verbally and written.
- Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving goals and objectives.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Skill and confident with use of computers and related software applications.
- Be able to make recommendations and handle complaints and requests in a professional and calm manner.
- Confident with organizational ability.
Baptist Health Care is a not-for-profit health care system committed to improving the quality of life for people and communities in northwest Florida and south Alabama. The organization includes three hospitals, four medical parks, Andrews Institute for Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine, and an extensive primary and specialty care provider network. With more than 4,000 team members, Baptist Health Care is one of the largest non-governmental employers in northwest Florida.