RN - House Supervisor
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1606
Posting Date: Nov 23, 2022
Work Environment: On Site
Job Family: Nursing - RN
FTE: 0.9 FT
Location: Gulf Breeze, FL
The House Supervisor coordinates the managerial and clinical activities within the hospital on days, evenings and nights. He/She represents hospital administration, facilitating the smooth running of the hospital through astute decision making or appropriate referral. The House Supervisor collaborates with department directors/nurse managers to guide staff in the process of problem resolution.
The person in this position works under general supervision, is responsible for various shifts, may be subject to over 40 hours per week and/or callback as required, and may also be required to remain on campus immediately before, during, and after severe weather and/or disasters.Responsibilities
- Assesses and diagnoses patient and family needs to provide quality care to assigned patients.
- Develops, discusses, and communicates a realistic plan of care for each patient in order to address all identified needs.
- Demonstrates the skills and judgment necessary to implement medical plan of care, nursing interventions, and procedures as necessary for the care of the patient.
- Evaluates the identified problems, care provided, and patient's responses are reassessed to meet patient and family needs and assure overall quality of care delivered.
- Maintains up to date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to ensure the integration of information for use by the healthcare team, to ensure quality care.
- Coordinates the managerial and clinical activities within the hospital.
- Manages patient placement, facilities, and resources.
- Maintains current clinical knowledge relative to age and technology of patients
- ASN Degree or Nursing Diploma required
- Three (3) years of nursing experience with demonstrated management experience (will consider charge nurse experience) required
- Current RN licensure in the State of Florida
- BLS and ACLS through American Heart Association
- Demonstrated clinical competence in relevant area of nursing practice
- Demonstrated leadership ability and potential managerial competency
- Evidence of this includes, but is not limited to, effective communication skills, ability to deal well with people, ability to problem solve, ability to confront/resolve issues, ability to motivate others, ability to plan, organize, and direct the activities of others
Baptist Health Care is a not-for-profit health care system committed to improving the quality of life for people and communities in northwest Florida and south Alabama. The organization includes three hospitals, four medical parks, Andrews Institute for Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine, and an extensive primary and specialty care provider network. With more than 4,000 team members, Baptist Health Care is one of the largest non-governmental employers in northwest Florida.