Respiratory Therapist Registered
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1596
Posting Date: Nov 18, 2022
Work Environment: On Site
Job Family: Clinical Professional
FTE: 0.9 FT
Location: Pensacola, FL
The Respiratory Therapist evaluates, treats, and cares for patients with breathing or other cardiopulmonary disorders. This position practices under the direction of a physician. The position provides bedside respiratory care to patients as assigned by supervisors and given on the physician's written order for both in house and out patient care.Responsibilities
- Responsible for the safe and effective administration of medically prescribed medications, knowing their indications and contraindications.
- Knows and follows the indications and contraindications, the policy and procedures in administering therapeutic modalities to include: Small Volume Nebulizer (SVN), Metered Dose Inhaler (MDI, Invasive and non-invasive Ventilator Management, , Oxygen Therapy, Lung volume expansion protocols, ventilator weaning protocols.
- Performs arterial punctures using radial, brachial, and femoral sites independently. Draws off arterial lines to obtain sample for blood gas analysis.
- Performs all aspects of artificial airway care.
- Sets up and maintenance of infant oxygen devices, and mechanical ventilators.
- Familiar with oxygen delivery systems (i.e., nasal, Heated High Flow Nasal Canulas, venuturi mask, Heated tracheostomy masks).
- Responsible for the set up, safety check, monitoring, and troubleshooting of mechanical ventilators
- Maintains accurate and legible records, documenting clinical notes in patient's charts.
- Participates in reporting patient progress, and prioritizing patient condition to the next shift.
- Be a member of the "code team" responding to arrest situations and CAT calls.
- Maintains current knowledge/certification/licensure.
Minimum Work Experience
- Associates Degree Respiratory Required or
- Certificate of Completion Respiratory Preferred
Licenses and Certifications
- Clinical rotations from an accredited respiratory practitioner program Required
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Respiratory Care Practition-CC Licensed State of Florida Upon Hire Required
- BLS for Healthcare Providers (BLS) American Heart Association Upon Hire Required
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program within 90 Days Required
- Teach, train, supervise, or use the assistance of students, respiratory therapy technicians, or assistants.
- Experience working in critical care as a respiratory therapist and working closely with hospital management to determine patient care.
- Meets patient respiratory therapy goals by evaluating therapeutic treatment plans; developing treatment options.
- Evaluates respiratory therapy treatment plan effectiveness by observing, recording, and evaluating patient progress and recommends and necessary adjustments to treatment plan.
- Performs all responsibilities/duties required by the respiratory therapy department as defined in the scope of service, to assure that the unique nature of the client is addressed. This includes, but is not limited to the age of the client served.
- Contributes to respiratory therapy services and organization success by welcoming related, different, and new requests; helping others accomplish job results.
- Educate patients and their families about their conditions and teach appropriate disease management techniques, such as breathing exercises or the use of medications or respiratory equipment.
- Demonstrated current theoretic and clinical expertise with respect to community Respiratory Therapy Practices and education.
Baptist Health Care is a not-for-profit health care system committed to improving the quality of life for people and communities in northwest Florida and south Alabama. The organization includes three hospitals, four medical parks, Andrews Institute for Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine, and an extensive primary and specialty care provider network. With more than 4,000 team members, Baptist Health Care is one of the largest non-governmental employers in northwest Florida.