RN - Case Manager
Job ID: 1594
Posting Date: Nov 18, 2022
Work Environment: On Site
Job Family: Nursing - RN
FTE: 1.0 FT
Location: Pensacola, FL
The Case Manager acts as a patient advocate to hospital clients. An autonomous role that coordinates, negotiates, procures services and resources for, and manages the care of complex patients. This position provides clinically based case management, discharge planning, and care coordination to facilitate the delivery of quality healthcare and assists in the identification of appropriate utilization of resources across the continuum of care. This position assists patients throughout their hospital experience to ensure the right care is provided at the right time every time by focusing on the patient and ensures the patient's active participation and decision making in their care. This position works collaboratively with interdisciplinary staff internal and external to the organization. This position interacts, communicates, and intervenes with multidisciplinary healthcare team in a purposeful, goal-directed fashion.Responsibilities
Directs, coordinates, and provides case management to patients in caseload. Responsible for preventing delayed discharges of observation patients. Participates in case finding and preadmission evaluation screening to ensure a safe discharge plan. Completes case management assessment of patients and support systems in order to facilitate the most appropriate and timely transition plan. Interacts, communicates, and intervenes with multidisciplinary healthcare team in a purposeful, goal-directed fashion. Works proactively to maximize the effectiveness of resource utilization. Anticipates, initiates, and facilitates problem resolution around issues of resource use and continued hospitalization and discharge planning. Consistently maintains a professional commitment to institutions and department's goals and objectives. Demonstrates flexibility to the department's needs in relation to floor and work schedule and any other internal and external demands on the department. Continually shows commitment to the department by extending one's self when the need arises. Maintains current knowledge of case management, , and discharge planning, as specified by federal, state, and private insurance guidelines.Assist in other duties as assigned to support the operational needs of the department and organization. May be required to remain on campus immediately before, during, and after severe weather and/or disasters.QualificationsMinimum Education
Minimum Work Experience
- Technical Diploma/Certificate Nursing Required or
- Associates Degree Nursing Required or
- Bachelor's Degree Nursing Preferred
Licenses and Certifications
- 4-6 years Broad based nursing experience Required
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Registered Nurse Licensed State of Florida or eligible compact license Upon Hire Required
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of negotiation, communication (verbal and written), conflict, interdisciplinary collaboration, management, creative problem solving, and critical thinking.
- Knowledge of healthcare financing, community and organizational resources, patient care processes, and data analysis.
- Knowledge of post-acute care community resources.
- Demonstrates flexibility via an ability to adapt to changing priorities and regulation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Proficient computer skills required.
Baptist Health Care is a not-for-profit health care system committed to improving the quality of life for people and communities in northwest Florida and south Alabama. The organization includes three hospitals, four medical parks, Andrews Institute for Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine, and an extensive primary and specialty care provider network. With more than 4,000 team members, Baptist Health Care is one of the largest non-governmental employers in northwest Florida.