RN Educator - Surgical
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1581
Posting Date: Nov 16, 2022
Work Environment: On Site
Job Family: Nursing - RN
FTE: 1.0 FT
Location: Gulf Breeze, FL
The Surgical Educator serves as an educator, consultant, researcher, and change agent to affect quality care. This position collaborates with administration to establish major objectives and standards of clinical practice and assists staff in complying with accrediting agency regulations.Responsibilities
Ensures staff competency, staff development, compliance with BH policy and procedures, safety goals, and compliance with Joint Commission standards. Plans and coordinates the educational training for staff, allied health providers, and students. Maintains unit-based staff in-service, education, and competency records. Assesses, communicates/collaborates with leadership team to develop and ensure consistency within nursing services in relation to work design, tools, and clinical practice. Promotes interaction and cooperation among individuals and agencies involved in providing assistive services and methods designated for innovative Directs the development of activities and methods for innovative improvement in patient care and educational activities. Utilizes criteria to determine the effectiveness of activities, assistive services, and methods designed for innovative improvements Analyzes the extent to which instructional goals and behavioral objectives have been realized following educational/orientation activities. Identifies possible causes for success or failure of learning experiences. Retrieves, interprets and utilizes data in patient care planning and analyses data to determine opportunities for improvement. Maintains current knowledge/certification/licensure. Pursues professional growth and development. Functions as a role model for current and new staff in all areas of the hospital. Assist in other duties as assigned to support the operational needs of the department and organization. May be required to remain on campus immediately before, during, and after severe weather and/or disasters.QualificationsMinimum Education
Minimum Work Experience
- Bachelor's Degree Nursing Required
Licenses and Certifications
- 4-6 years Nursing experience, with demonstrated competence in operating room Required
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Registered Nurse Licensed State of Florida or eligible compact state Upon Hire Required
- BLS for Healthcare Providers (BLS) American Heart Association Upon Hire Required
- ACLS Provider (ACLS) American Heart Association Upon Hire Required
- PALS Provider (PALS) American Heart Association Upon Hire Required
- Certified Post Anesthesia Nurse (CPAN) within 6 Months Required or
- Certified Perioperative Clinical Nurse Specialist (CPCN) within 6 Months Required
- Displays initiative and creativity in solving problems
- Strong teamwork and collaborative skills. (High proficiency)
- Knowledge of regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and potential managerial competency
- Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Ability to adapt to changes in patient status, department workload.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills. (High proficiency)
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, & communicate effectively at all levels of communication.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills. (High proficiency)
Baptist Health Care is a not-for-profit health care system committed to improving the quality of life for people and communities in northwest Florida and south Alabama. The organization includes three hospitals, four medical parks, Andrews Institute for Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine, and an extensive primary and specialty care provider network. With more than 4,000 team members, Baptist Health Care is one of the largest non-governmental employers in northwest Florida.