Medical Receptionist I - Gastroenterology - BMC Pensacola
Job ID: 1544
Posting Date: Nov 14, 2022
Work Environment: On Site
Job Family: Clerical
FTE: 1.0 FT
Location: Pensacola, FL
The Medical Receptionist greets and registers incoming patients in the practice management system, and collects/data enters demographic and insurance information with a high degree of accuracy. This position confirms and schedules appointments, collects copayments, and verifies insurance. This position explains financial requirements to the patients or responsible parties and enters payments into the practice management system. This position receives incoming telephone calls in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner.Responsibilities
- Greets visitors or patients and directs them as appropriate using the mission, vision and values of Baptist Health Care.
- Enters all patient demographics into the practice management system and continually maintains patient information in the patient record.
- Verifies health insurance eligibility and understands copays, co-insurance and deductibles.
- Responsible for explaining financial requirements to patients or responsible parties and collects patient financial portions (copays/coinsurance) as required.
- Reconciles daily charges and payments with high degree of accuracy.
- Accountable for appointments and scheduling patients properly on the days and times specified, as well as reminding patients of appointments. Responsible for duties including but not limited to the following: coordinates and schedules appointments, ensures appointment reminders and online appointment requests are managed timely, and follows up with patients who "no-show" to reschedule appointment.
- Receives and routes incoming telephone calls in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner
- Operates a variety of office equipment effectively.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Must have good communication skills verbally and written.
- Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving goals and objectives.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Knowledge of computer-based data management programs
- Be able to make recommendations and handle complaints and requests in a professional and calm manner.
Baptist Health Care is a not-for-profit health care system committed to improving the quality of life for people and communities in northwest Florida and south Alabama. The organization includes three hospitals, four medical parks, Andrews Institute for Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine, and an extensive primary and specialty care provider network. With more than 4,000 team members, Baptist Health Care is one of the largest non-governmental employers in northwest Florida.