RN - Nurse Navigator
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1515
Posting Date: Nov 14, 2022
Work Environment: On Site
Job Family: Nursing - RN
FTE: 1.0 FT
Location: Pensacola, FL
The Registered Nurse provides care and education for the patient based on their illness, symptoms, and courses of treatment. Manages individualized, goal-directed nursing care through use of the nursing process and the principles of primary nursing in accordance with departmental and hospital policies and procedures.Responsibilities
- Assesses and diagnoses patient and family needs to provide quality care to assigned patients.
- Develops, discusses, and communicates a realistic plan of care for each patient in order to address all identified needs.
- Demonstrates the skills and judgment necessary to implement medical plan of care, nursing interventions, and procedures as necessary for the care of the patient.
- Evaluates the identified problems, care provided, and patient's responses are reassessed to meet patient and family needs and assure overall quality of care delivered.
- Maintains up to date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to ensure the integration of information for use by the healthcare team, to ensure quality care.
- Develops and sustains excellent relationships and communications with our primary care physicians, APPs, practice managers and staff. Ensures that care coordination and population health management systems meet the needs of the patients and our primary care providers.
- Documents all communication and coordination activities in the patient medical record to ensure transitional care billing requirements are met.
- Develops knowledge of and relationship with community health services providers to ensure primary care patients needing community services (food, transportation, child care, etc) are able to access those services.
- Works with appropriate in-patient and long-term care departments and staff to develop and maintain excellent transitions of care processes.
- Develops systems and processes to support delivery of and coding of Transitions of Care Management and Chronic Care Management.
- Technical Diploma/Certificate Nursing Required or Associates Degree Nursing Required. Bachelor's Degree Nursing Preferred
- Registered Nurse Licensed Upon Hire Required
- BLS for Healthcare Providers (BLS) Upon Hire Required
Baptist Health Care is a not-for-profit health care system committed to improving the quality of life for people and communities in northwest Florida and south Alabama. The organization includes three hospitals, four medical parks, Andrews Institute for Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine, and an extensive primary and specialty care provider network. With more than 4,000 team members, Baptist Health Care is one of the largest non-governmental employers in northwest Florida.