Job ID: 1449
Posting Date: Nov 3, 2022
Work Environment: On Site
Job Family: Clinical Professional
FTE: PRN (As Needed)
Location: Gulf Breeze, FL
The Speech Pathologist evaluates, plans, and administers medically prescribed speech and language therapy treatment to clients. The Speech Pathologist diagnoses and treats speech, language, voice and swallowing disorders. This position implements care plan through the use of evidenced based modalities and skilled interventions to increase patients' ability to achieve mutually established functional goals. This position coordinates clinical test results with other diagnostic data, provides prognosis, develops treatment plan, and provides patient and family education.Responsibilities
Completes evaluations of assigned patients/clients in accordance with established standards of care and practice. Plans and provides treatment to assigned patient/client's as appropriate in accordance with established standards of care and practice. Coordinates client care with other clinical team members ensuring optimal client care and communication as noted in the clinical record. Completes all required documentation per department standards. Maintains knowledge/license and certification. After one year of experience, may act as student supervisor.Assist in other duties as assigned to support the operational needs of the department and organization. May be required to remain on campus immediately before, during, and after severe weather and/or disasters.Qualifications
- Master's Degree Communication Science & Disorder, Speech And Hearing, Speech and Language Required
- Speech Pathologist Licensed State of Florida Upon Hire Required or
- Provisional Speech-Language Pathologist Licensed State of Florida Upon Hire Required
- BLS for Healthcare Providers (BLS) American Heart Association Upon Hire Required
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Knowledge of industry best practices and guidelines.
- Excellent organizational skilled required.
- Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Detail-oriented and customer- focused.
Baptist Health Care is a not-for-profit health care system committed to improving the quality of life for people and communities in northwest Florida and south Alabama. The organization includes three hospitals, four medical parks, Andrews Institute for Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine, and an extensive primary and specialty care provider network. With more than 4,000 team members, Baptist Health Care is one of the largest non-governmental employers in northwest Florida.