Physical Therapy Assistant
Job ID: 1409
Posting Date: Oct 20, 2022
Work Environment: On Site
Job Family: Licensed Technical
FTE: 1.0 FT
Location: Pace, FL
Under the supervision of a physical therapist, the physical therapist assistant is a licensed provider of physical therapy services that delivers skilled physical therapy treatments to patients following the plan of care established by a physical therapist. This position carries out a therapeutic plan directed toward improving mobility, relieving pain, increasing strength, and decreasing deformity due to disease or injury.Responsibilities
- Implements the plan of care as established by the physical therapist
- Provides physical therapy services according to the state practice act, under the supervision of a physical therapist.
- Makes recommendations to and participates in the revisions to the plan of care.
- Updates the physical therapist of changes in the patient status that will impact the plan of care.
- Completes all required documentation according to current policies and procedures. Documentation reflects care provided and the outcomes achieved.
- Maintains and enhances professional clinical knowledge as well as promoting professional standards in physical therapy.
- Maintains current knowledge/certification/licensure. Pursues professional growth and development.
- Physical Therapist Assistant Licensed State of Florida Upon Hire Required
- BLS for Healthcare Providers (BLS) American Heart Association Upon Hire Required
- Competence in the delivery of skilled physical therapy services and knowledge of the scope of practice for a physical therapist assistant.
- Competent in the delivery of evidence-based physical therapy interventions.
- Excellent time and resource management skills.
- Ability to maintain strenuous daily pace with overlapping schedule subject to multiple demands and interruptions.
- Function at a level of performance demonstrating sound judgment and decision making, including ability to seek direction and clarification from Physical Therapist.
Baptist Health Care is a not-for-profit health care system committed to improving the quality of life for people and communities in northwest Florida and south Alabama. The organization includes three hospitals, four medical parks, Andrews Institute for Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine, and an extensive primary and specialty care provider network. With more than 4,000 team members, Baptist Health Care is one of the largest non-governmental employers in northwest Florida.