Clinical Office Athletic Trainer
Job ID: 541
Posting Date: Jul 2, 2022
Work Environment: On Site
Job Family: Clinical Professional
FTE: PRN (As Needed)
Location: Gulf Breeze, FL
The Athletic Trainer II works closely with the physician in the department to maintain regulatory documentation and patient care. This position is a licensed personnel who duties consist of assisting with revolving issues that occur within the clinical office setting, ensuring efficient patient flow, order clinical supplies, filing and documentation organization, supervise students and confer with licensed personnel concerning patient safety and response to treatment. This position must be competent in all performed duties and comply with licensing board requirements.Responsibilities
"Responsible for following all unit precautions and procedures in the performance of job duties to Ensure a safe work environment for self and others; assists with specific direct patient care activities. Prepares patient for provider; maintains supplies, rooms, and medications; performs and tracks tests and results; assists providers and nurses; performs chart documentation, review, and maintenance; performs front office duties when required and completes miscellaneous duties as assigned. Maintains patient flow in the clinical areas. Performs clinical duties as directed. Obtains equipment needed for patient care delivery. Maintains work area and equipment in condition required by department standards. Provide coordination for health education and referrals to meet the immediate health care needs of patients. Maintains current knowledge/certification/licensure. Pursues professional growth and development.Assist in other duties as assigned to support the operational needs of the department and organization. May be required to remain on campus immediately before, during, and after severe weather and/or disasters."Qualifications
- Master's Degree in Athletic Training, Exercise Science or related field is required.
- One year of clinical experience or completed an ATC fellowship program.
- Current license in the State of Florida as an Athletic Trainer. Current BOC Certification.
- BLS through American Heart Association. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Excellent customer service skills. Ability to seek and accept direction and clarification from others.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology and exercise prescription for rehabilitation. Ability to deal appropriately with confidential information.
- Should possess organizational skills and be able to multi-task effectively
Baptist Health Care is a not-for-profit health care system committed to improving the quality of life for people and communities in northwest Florida and south Alabama. The organization includes three hospitals, four medical parks, Andrews Institute for Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine, and an extensive primary and specialty care provider network. With more than 4,000 team members, Baptist Health Care is one of the largest non-governmental employers in northwest Florida.