Surgical Technician III
Job ID: 513
Posting Date: Jul 2, 2022
Work Environment: On Site
Job Family: Licensed Technical
FTE: 0.9 FT
Location: Gulf Breeze, FL
The Surgical Technician III MOR performs technical skills and provides assistance to surgeons, anesthesia personnel, registered nurses, and other professionals in the operating room. This position performs similar duties in other areas of the hospital as assigned. The Surgical Technician III works under the supervision of the registered nurse in delivering safe, effective care to the patient during the intra operative period. He/she effectively interacts with patients and health care team members, while maintaining the surgical department standards; participates in surgical procedures on patients of all age groups, pediatric through geriatrics: may assist in circulating duties under the direct supervision of a qualified Registered Nurse. The person in this position works under general supervision, is responsible for various shifts, may be subject to over 40 hours per week and/or callback as required, and may also be required to remain on campus immediately before, during, and after severe weather and/or disasters.Qualifications
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree;
- Graduate of a surgical technology program degree/certificate is required OR LPN Degree who has completed a hospital on the job training program a surgical tech or surgical technology program is required OR Military trained corpsmen with medical background with surgical tech training is required OR Completed a hospital on the job training program for surgical tech
- Current licensure in the State of Florida if an LPN. BLS through American Heart Association
- Possesses a strong character and unyielding sense of integrity with "a surgical conscious". Exceptional attention to detail and follow through very important. Ability to stand for long periods, strength to hold extremities, and/or instrument retractors for long periods. Possesses ability to move quickly without sacrificing quality and accuracy
- Good memory, able to anticipate surgeon and patient needs well in advance. Must be able to return to the hospital/facility within 30 minutes of a Callback.
Baptist Health Care is a not-for-profit health care system committed to improving the quality of life for people and communities in northwest Florida and south Alabama. The organization includes three hospitals, four medical parks, Andrews Institute for Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine, and an extensive primary and specialty care provider network. With more than 4,000 team members, Baptist Health Care is one of the largest non-governmental employers in northwest Florida.