Credentialing Specialist I
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 278
Posting Date: Jul 2, 2022
Work Environment: On Site
Job Family: Clerical
FTE: 1.0 FT
Location: Pensacola, FL
The Credentialing Specialist provides support for the department. This position performs a variety of confidential administrative and credentialing functions for the medical staff. This position initiates and follows through on the appointment/change in status process for the medical staff and allied health professionals.Responsibilities
"Processes all initial and temporary privilege applications for Medical Staff and Allied Health Professional clinical privileges to meet Baptist Hospital, Inc., Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations and The Joint Commission accreditation standards. Interfaces effectively with Medical Staff leaders, office managers, etc., to ensure timely completion of all medical staff applications. Submits completed credentialing materials flagging any concerns for the initial appointment application to Manager, Medical Affairs. Assists with the routing process, as needed. Maintains up-to-date physician database systems, maintenance and monitoring accuracy, including monthly reports to hospital personnel and documenting compliance with OIG and Board Certifications. Completes monthly follow-up process within 3 - 5 working days. Assist Manager, Medical Affairs with special projects including preparation for Bylaw Revision Project, and regulatory compliance projects. Assists the department manager with projects as assigned and performs other duties when necessary in conjunction with the department manager.Assist in other duties as assigned to support the operational needs of the department and organization. May be required to remain on campus immediately before, during, and after severe weather and/or disasters."Qualifications
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree required, some college preferred
- Experience in health care related field preferred.
- CPCS or CPMSM preferred.
- Proficiency in word processing, Excel and database system updating. Maturity, initiative, strong computer skills and flexibility are critical to this position.
- Individual who is highly organized, detail oriented and able to handle multitude tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal/written skills, including accurate and concise minute and report presentation skills
- Knowledge of Joint Commission, federal and state regulations
- Medical terminology knowledge
Baptist Health Care is a not-for-profit health care system committed to improving the quality of life for people and communities in northwest Florida and south Alabama. The organization includes three hospitals, four medical parks, Andrews Institute for Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine, and an extensive primary and specialty care provider network. With more than 4,000 team members, Baptist Health Care is one of the largest non-governmental employers in northwest Florida.