Coder Reimbursement- Remote
Job ID: 227
Posting Date: Jul 2, 2022
Work Environment: Remote (work from home)
Job Family: Clerical
FTE: 1.0 FT
Location: Pensacola, FL
Under the direction of the Revenue Integrity Manager, the Reimbursement Coder Analyst is responsible for but not limited to: Receives charge master change requests, and processes them in a timely manner, researching Medicare regulations as needed for compliance. Communicates to Department Managers and Charge Master Liaisons, billing regulations, and policies concerning charge master maintenance. Distributes Medicare Bulletins to Department Managers, and others and assists in carrying out new regulations. Performs Charge Audits as assigned.. Reviews existing charge master for all facilities in a methodical manner for appropriate standardization. Assists Department Managers as needed in charge master revision..
The person in this position works under general supervision, is responsible for various shifts, may be subject to over 40 hours per week and/or callback as required, and may also be required to remain on campus immediately before, during, and after severe weather and/or disasters.Qualifications
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree required.
- Two years' experience in hospital/medical billing, coding, auditing required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to interpret ad communicate CPT descriptions, Medicare regulations, etc., and apply these to charge master requests.
- Must have computer skills to manage charge master changes and generate reports as needed.
- Must pay precise attention to detail.
- Must interpret coding and documentation as it pertains to audit function.
Baptist Health Care is a not-for-profit health care system committed to improving the quality of life for people and communities in northwest Florida and south Alabama. The organization includes three hospitals, four medical parks, Andrews Institute for Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine, and an extensive primary and specialty care provider network. With more than 4,000 team members, Baptist Health Care is one of the largest non-governmental employers in northwest Florida.