RN Coordinator - Mental Health
Job ID: 44
Posting Date: Jul 2, 2022
Work Environment: On Site
Job Family: Clerical
FTE: PRN (As Needed)
Location: Pensacola, FL
The Psychiatric Care Coordinator acts as a patient advocate/case manager to Behavioral Health patients in the acute hospital and in the emergency room. An autonomous role that coordinates, negotiates, procures services and resources for, and manages the psychiatric nursing care of complex patients to facilitate achievement of quality and cost efficient patient outcomes. Provides clinically based psychiatric nursing care, discharge planning, and care coordination with appropriate local resources across the continuum of care. The Care Coordinator assists patients throughout their acute hospital and emergency room experience to insure the right care is provided at the right time every time by focusing on the person and family as appropriate and ensuring the patient's active participation and decision making in their care. Works collaboratively with interdisciplinary staff internal and external to the Behavioral Medicine Department and to the organization. Acts as a resource for hospital staff in assessing needs and providing interventions within a collaborative and interdisciplinary plan of care. Working with the department Director, participates in quality improvement and evaluation processes related to the management of patient care. The Care Coordinator is on-site and available seven days a week, as well as holidays and, therefore, is required to work a weekend rotation and an occasional holiday.
The person in this position works under general supervision, is responsible for various shifts, may be subject to over 40 hours per week and/or callback as required, and may also be required to remain on campus immediately before, during, and after severe weather and/or disasters.
Every Friday 7a-7pQualifications
- Must have ASN degree or Nursing Diploma, BSN preferred
- Four (4) years broad based nursing experience preferred; Critical care or emergency department experience highly desirable, and a minimum of two years nursing experience in providing care to psychiatric patients.
- Current RN Licensure in the State of Florida required;
- BLS through American Heart Association or an equivalent BLS that meets the American Heart Association guidelines
- CPI within 90days of employment/transfer
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of negotiation, de-escalation, conflict resolution, interdisciplinary collaboration, management, creative problem solving, and critical thinking.; Knowledge of community and organizational resources, patient care processes; Knowledge of post-acute care community resources; Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; Demonstrates flexibility via an ability to adapt to changing priorities and regulations; Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to handle physical and emotional stressors related to potentially violent situations.
Baptist Health Care is a not-for-profit health care system committed to improving the quality of life for people and communities in northwest Florida and south Alabama. The organization includes three hospitals, four medical parks, Andrews Institute for Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine, and an extensive primary and specialty care provider network. With more than 4,000 team members, Baptist Health Care is one of the largest non-governmental employers in northwest Florida.